db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Göschl,Siegfried" <Siegfried.Goes...@drei.com>
Subject RE: Criteria parses to "SELECT FROM .."
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:08:18 GMT
Hi Thomas,

A good approach is to use P6Spy to trace ALL SQL statements generated by Torque

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Fischer [mailto:Fischer@seitenbau.net]
Sent: Mittwoch, 14. Juli 2004 11:00
To: Apache Torque Users List
Subject: RE: Criteria parses to "SELECT FROM .."

Hi Ron,

I guess the point is that in every Peer class for a database table, in the method doSelectVillageRecords(Criteria
criteria, Connection con) which is called from the usual doSelect(criteria), the following
call is made BEFORE the criteria is converted to a query:

        if (criteria.getSelectColumns().size() == 0)
        {
            addSelectColumns(criteria);
        }

This explains why you dont see any select columns if you print the query before you call the
doSelectMethod. So adding System.out.println(createQueryString(c));
AFTER calling doSelect should print the correct Columns...

There are more pitfalls like this if you use createQueryString() yourself, so if you want
to know which Query is actually executed is the Torque Debug log !!!

>>        c.add(CATEGORIES_ID, id);
>>        c.add(LANGUAGE_ID, language.getLanguagesId());
>>        try {
>>            System.out.println(createQueryString(c));
>>            return  doSelect(c);
>>        }
>>        catch (TorqueException ex) {
>>            ex.printStackTrace();
>>            return EMPTY;
>>        }

I do not see any error in this code. What exactly happens if you execite the code ?

    Hope that helps,

          Thomas