db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Göschl,Siegfried" <Siegfried.Goes...@drei.com>
Subject RE: Torque, axis and turbine
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 06:28:12 GMT
Hi Gerard,

You are defintely on the right track ... :-)

Regarding how to initialize Torque

import org.apache.commons.configuration.Configuration;
import org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationConverter;
import org.apache.torque.Torque;

Properties props = new Properties();
InputStream is = getClass().getResourceAsStream( "/Torque.properties" );
props.load( is );
Torque.init( ConfigurationConverter.getConfiguration(props) );

Regarding Turbine

Turbine comes with an Torque integration already. The main benefit would be that Turbine uses
a service approach and thinking of services is a powerful way to look at an application but
this is not confined to Turbine.

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl