db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Michael.Kashamb...@bmwna.com
Subject Exclusive Criteria OR Conditions
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:06:38 GMT
I've already checked in the mailing list and have not found an answer.

Does anyone know how to perform an OR in the following situation.

	WHERE A IN (1,2,3) OR B IN (4,5,6) OR D in (7,8,9)

For each criterion, I want to add it as a criterion to the main Criteria
object and not as a criterion for a preexisting criterion.

	Criterion1: A IN (1,2,3)
	Criterion2: B IN (4,5,6)
	Criterion3: D in (7,8,9)

I want to add each of the above criterion to the Criteria ndependently.  I
don't want to add Criterion3 and as an OR to Critrion2 and the Criterion2 as
an OR to Criterion1.

Most of my queries are dynamic in nature so I can't always assume the order
in which criteria are added.  I just need to provide n Criterion objects and
all all n independently as OR's to my main Criteria object.

Any ideas?