db-torque-user mailing list archives

From T E Schmitz <mail...@numerixtechnology.de>
Subject Re: 1. onDelete 2. 1:n association
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:27:03 GMT
Hello,

I forgot to mention:

T E Schmitz wrote:

> b) I am using the LEFT/RIGHT/INNER Join patch by Thomas Fischer--

The use of OUTER JOINs required a change to row2Object(...). Previously,
it was not possible for the FK object to be null. But with OUTER JOINs
that has to be taken into consideration. Therefore row2Object() needs to
return null now if all of the FK table's attributes are null. Of course,
this will not work if using primitive types! You must set
defaultJavaType="object" to use OUTER JOINs. As I use object types
myself I didn't bother to cater for primitive types in row2Object(...).

As you can see, doSelectJoinAll (...) is basically a copy of
doSelectJoinExceptXXX (...). I replaced the double loop by HashMap's,
which tracks the FK objects already read.

Regards/Gruß,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz