db-torque-user mailing list archives

From T E Schmitz <mail...@numerixtechnology.de>
Subject Re: torque vs....
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 07:47:36 GMT
Hello Artur,

Scott Eade wrote:

> Artur Z wrote:
>
>> sorry for topic but I simply need to know some opinions:
>> lately I've started using torque and it works fine
>>
>> has anybody any expirence/knowledge about these two tools to compare
>> them ?
>> hibernate looks "more alive and supported"
>> "which is better???"
>>
> Search the archives for the answer to your "torque vs ..." question.  It
> has been discussed a number of times in the past.

You will also find this topic discussed on the various java newsgroups
(c.l.j.*). I would like to add that Torque is very stable indeed. I am
using it for a biggish project and I am quite enamoured with the concept
of generating code from the XML schema, which you can change to your
heart's content.
If you need outer join support, you can apply Thomas Fischer's recent
patch (see posting on this and the dev list).

--

Regards/Gruß,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz