db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: torque vs....
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:51:43 GMT
Artur Z wrote:

>sorry for topic but I simply need to know some opinions:
>lately I've started using torque and it works fine
>but today I found another java persistance tool (http://www.hibernate.org)
>and it mixed in my mind
>
>has anybody any expirence/knowledge about these two tools to compare them ?
>hibernate looks "more alive and supported"
>"which is better???"
>
>great thanks for any opinions and suggestions
>
>Artur

Search the archives for the answer to your "torque vs ..." question.  It
has been discussed a number of times in the past.

Torque is relatively mature and is certainly suffering from a lack of
active committers at present.  I am trying to find some time to apply
some of the patches that have come in over the last few months, but we
could really do with one or more people stepping up to the plate to make
more regular contributions with a view to becoming committers.

I personally haven't used Hibernate so I cannot really comment on it.
As for Torque, it is a mature project that works very well for my
current projects.  If somebody has evaluated both Hibernate and Torque
and decided that Hibernate is the better option then you probably
wouldn't find them on this list.  Don't forget about licensing issues,
if you need a BSD style license then you might consider OJB -
http://db.apache.org/ojb/  Torque includes some features for generating
input OJB, but I am unsure how useful this is in its current state.

Scott

--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.