db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: corruption on oracle
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:40:34 GMT
Husek, Paul wrote:

>I'm currently using Torque 3.1 with Oracle 8.1.7. I'm experiencing an
>anomaly.  Specifically the following code:
>
>   CapUser cu = p.getUser();
>
>   cu.setPwChangedDate(new java.util.Date());  //this causes data corruption
>
>   cu.save();
>
>causes part of another field (the username) in this record to change.
>Specifically the first 3 characters of a field.  I can detect this by
>immediately looking up the record after the save.  Changing other fields in
>this record does not seem to have this problem. Has anyone ever experienced
>this?
>
>How can I see the SQL the save() method generates too detect what's going
>on?

Only inserts are logged, so logging at debug level isn't going to help.

There is some info in the wiki about setting up P6Spy to see the sql - see:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-torque/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#head-4658ec85746ef90e0d810fb85fd135d9dd30e264

Have you checked the mail archive for oracle issues - perhaps the
datatype is not quite correct for your CapUser implementation (i.e. one
of the templates needs to be altered before generating your om).  Any
Oracle users out there care to comment?

Scott

--
Scott Eade