db-torque-user mailing list archives

From T E Schmitz <mail...@numerixtechnology.de>
Subject Re: using secured database connection
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 19:50:53 GMT
Hello Guy

Guy Galil wrote:

> I tried appending 'useSSL=true' to the database url in Torque.properties -
> torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url = jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/TURBINE?useSSL=true
> but it was ignored.

I don't think that this is a Torque problem. Coincidentally, I have just
set up a secure connection to a PostgreSQL database. Like for MySQL, a
parameter had to be appended to the URL:
jdbc:postgresql://lolek:5432/numerix?ssl

The parameter certainly is passed through to the JDBC driver. There are
many other potential pitfalls. I suggest, rather than testing he secure
connection with your Torque app, use some other Java/JDBC application to
connect. (I used DbVisualizer - a database explorer,
http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/index.html)

Once you know the secure connection is working between client and
server, go back to your application.

In our case, the application was working immediately after the secure
connection had been set up. And all I had to do was change the URL.

--

Regards/Gruß,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz