db-torque-user mailing list archives

From ron piterman <ron.piter...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: IdGenerator is null
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:37:06 GMT
I am doing fine without this table :-p
It is not needed when one uses native id generator.
Cheers,
ron

Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:

> [...]
>>       at tutim.db.DBCustomersPeer.doInsert(DBCustomersPeer.java:258)
>>       at tutim.db.DBCustomersPeer.doInsert(DBCustomersPeer.java:636)
>>       at tutim.db.DBCustomers.save(DBCustomers.java:993)
>>

>You must not only have the table, but you must also have ID entries in it.
>
>Folks, I know that this is frustrating, but IMHO the only way to deal with
>torque in a sane way is:
>
>0) use torque 3.1 If you are forced to use 3.2-dev for any reason, you are on
>   your own (or Scott will help you). Sorry.
>
>1) get maven
>
>2) get the torque plugin for maven
>
>3) get your schema going
>
>4) get the following schema file for the ID_TABLE. It is part of the source
>   distribution of Torque, it is in src/generator/src/schema/id-table-schema.xml
>
>--- cut ---
><?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no"?>
><!DOCTYPE database SYSTEM "http://db.apache.org/torque/dtd/database_3_1.dtd">
>
><!-- ==================================================================== -->
><!--                                                                      -->
><!-- I D  B R O K E R  S C H E M A                                        -->
><!--                                                                      -->
><!-- ==================================================================== -->
><!-- This is the XML schema use by Torque to generate the SQL for         -->
><!-- ID_TABLE table used by the id broker mechanism in Torque.            -->
><!-- ==================================================================== -->
><!-- @author: <a href="mailto:jvanzyl@apache.org">Jason van Zyl</a>
   -->
><!-- @version $Id: id-table-schema.xml,v 1.2 2003/07/24 12:40:41 mpoeschl Exp $ -->
><!-- ==================================================================== -->
>
><database name="@DATABASE_DEFAULT@">
>    <column name="ID_TABLE_ID" required="true" primaryKey="true" type="INTEGER"/>
>    <column name="TABLE_NAME" required="true" size="255" type="VARCHAR"/>
>    <column name="NEXT_ID" type="INTEGER"/>
>    <column name="QUANTITY" type="INTEGER"/>
>    <unique>
>      <unique-column name="TABLE_NAME"/>
>    </unique>
></database>
>--- cut ---
>
>Change the database name above as needed.
>
>5) run maven torque:sql
>
>    => You have the sql files which create your database schema
>
>6) run maven torque:id-table-init-sql
>
>    => You get an SQL file, which contains the necessary insert
>       statements for the ID_TABLE, so that your objects will get
>       unique ids. You must insert this file into your database by
>       hand. IF YOU DON'T DO THIS, "NATIVE" OR "IDBROKER" WILL NOT
>       NOT WORK. I REPEAT: IT WILL NOT WORK.
>
>   This file looks something like this:
>
>--- cut ---
>insert into ID_TABLE (id_table_id, id_table_table_name, id_table_next_id, id_table_quantity)
VALUES (1100, 'TURBINE_USER', 100, 10);
>insert into ID_TABLE (id_table_id, id_table_table_name, id_table_next_id, id_table_quantity)
VALUES (1101, 'TURBINE_PERMISSION', 100, 10);
>insert into ID_TABLE (id_table_id, id_table_table_name, id_table_next_id, id_table_quantity)
VALUES (1102, 'TURBINE_ROLE', 100, 10);
>insert into ID_TABLE (id_table_id, id_table_table_name, id_table_next_id, id_table_quantity)
VALUES (1103, 'TURBINE_GROUP', 100, 10);
>insert into ID_TABLE (id_table_id, id_table_table_name, id_table_next_id, id_table_quantity)
VALUES (1104, 'TURBINE_ROLE_PERMISSION', 100, 10);
>insert into ID_TABLE (id_table_id, id_table_table_name, id_table_next_id, id_table_quantity)
VALUES (1105, 'TURBINE_USER_GROUP_ROLE', 100, 10);