db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Husek, Paul" <Paul.Hu...@pfizer.com>
Subject RE: corruption on oracle
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:17:20 GMT
This issue has been resolved. I did install the P6Spy package just to verify
that the update being produced by Torque wasn't causing the problem.  It
wasn't.

I then moved on to the Oracle Driver.  I was using Oracle 10g JDBC driver
against Oracle 8.1.7 on Solaris.  By dropping back to JDBC driver 8.1.7.1
the problem disappeared.

NOTE: Using the 10g driver with the exact same Torque code did NOT produce
the anomaly when used against a 9i database.

Thanks for all the help,

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Eade [mailto:seade@backstagetech.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 8:41 PM
To: Apache Torque Users List
Subject: Re: corruption on oracle

Husek, Paul wrote:

>I'm currently using Torque 3.1 with Oracle 8.1.7. I'm experiencing an
>anomaly.  Specifically the following code:
>
>   CapUser cu = p.getUser();
>
>   cu.setPwChangedDate(new java.util.Date());  //this causes data
corruption

>   cu.save();
>
>causes part of another field (the username) in this record to change.
>Specifically the first 3 characters of a field.  I can detect this by
>immediately looking up the record after the save.  Changing other fields in
>this record does not seem to have this problem. Has anyone ever experienced
>this?
>
>How can I see the SQL the save() method generates too detect what's going
>on?

Only inserts are logged, so logging at debug level isn't going to help.

There is some info in the wiki about setting up P6Spy to see the sql - see:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-torque/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#head-4658ec85746ef
90e0d810fb85fd135d9dd30e264

Have you checked the mail archive for oracle issues - perhaps the
datatype is not quite correct for your CapUser implementation (i.e. one
of the templates needs to be altered before generating your om).  Any
Oracle users out there care to comment?

Scott

--
Scott Eade