db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Gantt <ga...@cs.montana.edu>
Subject Where does Torque fit in?
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:08:04 GMT
Hello,

I have been actively researching several Apache Jakarta projects in the
last weeks, in an effort to gain a knowledge base big enough to call
upon in order to maintain a web application that has already been
written with the Jakarta tools (namely, Turbine, Velocity, and Torque).

There are a few things I am having a large amount of trouble with. One:
Where does Torque fit in? When does Turbine actually make the calls to
Torque, or is that something that the user has to do manually in his
action class? When is the db connection made, and how long does it last?

I've been trying to find some documentation that will answer these
questions, but as of yet I have been unsuccessful.

If you have any of these answers, or can point me to some documentation
that does, I would be grateful.

Thanks
--
Ryan Gantt