db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Jarrell, Maury" <Maury.Jarr...@fhr.com>
Subject Transaction Management?
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:16:11 GMT
Hello all,

Where would I go to find out how transactions are managed in Torque?  I've
looked over the web site, the Wiki, and the mailing list archives and
haven't found an explanation.

I'm writing a backup routine using Torque to backup Oracle databases.  I'm
using the peer class generated by Torque to issue the 'alter tablespace
tbsp_name begin backup' and 'alter tablespace tbsp_name end backup'
statements.

In doing so I'm running into "ORA-01453: SET TRANSACTION must be first
statement of transaction" errors.  I've tried using the Connection object
explicitly as in:

          Connection conn = Transaction.begin(database);
          DbaTablespacesPeer.executeStatement(
            "alter tablespace " + tablespace + " end backup",
            database);
          conn.commit();

This isn't working.  This is particularly frustrating since these statements
can't be rolled back and thus don't need transactions at all.

Any nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Maury