db-torque-user mailing list archives

From T E Schmitz <mail...@numerixtechnology.de>
Subject Re: Torque & Swing
Date Sat, 19 Jun 2004 12:45:07 GMT
Hello Guillaume and Gerhard,

Further to our discussion about a Torque/Swing framework I happened upon
an article about building GUIs from BusinessObjects:
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-01-2004/jw-0102-toolbox_p.html

It addresses the problems which the getter and setter method approach
poses: If you change the data type of a table column at some point this
change will cascade through to your GUI layer. The article describes how
you can circumvent the problem by using a Builder Strategy in order to
confine any future changes to the Builder classes. Also, you can easily
satisfy different front-ends simply by using different builder classes
(i.e Swing GUI and web interface).

For the next project, I would certainly set up the Business Layer in
that manner.

--

Regards,
Gruß,