db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Κώνσταντίνος Καραδάμογλου <karadamoglo...@yahoo.gr>
Subject Is there any method in torque api which creates a database from a xml file / no ant tool
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:04:28 GMT
Hi all,
I am  new torque user so my question may be sounds stupid!
I want to use torque in oder to create a database with a particular
schema that is given from a xml file.
I know that torque can do it but with the help of the ant tool.
I am planning to create a application in which the user will create a
database according to his selections.
So I want to use a method rather than ant in the code of the
application. This is why because I don't want to deploy with my
application a third program.
I want my program to be independent.

Does torque provide a method / api so that someone can create a database
at runtime?
If it is not able, do you know any alternative effective solution?

Thank you in advance kostas.