db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Priya Soparkar <priyasopar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: New User Startup Problem
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:18:52 GMT
Hi !
Try adding the parameters for

torque.project = //Name of your project

torque.targetPackage =//Target package for generation of object model files

torque.database = //your SQL server database name.

I found one useful link :

 check if it helps.

Frank Lawlor <flawlor@austin.rr.com> wrote:
Torque is a great idea, but I spent several VERY frustrating hours trying to get the Tutorial
and User Guide samples to work before discovering the Wiki on "GettingTorqueToWork"!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE hove some consideration for your potential users and put a note in
these documents directing people to the changes.

The suggestions in the above helped me get further, The initial ant step seems to generate
the bookstore files, but when I try to run

ant -f build-torque.xml create-db

I get an error message because the create-db.sql file contains only the line:

ECHO Not implemented

Can someone give me a clue as to how to debug this problem? As I've tried to work my way thru
the problems getting Torque working, I've found a real lack of any feedback from the implementation.

I am using MS SQL server and I set the build.properties to:

torque.database.createUrl = jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433;SelectMethod=cursor;DatabaseName=master
torque.database.buildUrl = jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433;SelectMethod=cursor;DatabaseName=Torque
torque.database.url = jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433;SelectMethod=cursor;DatabaseName=Torque
torque.database.driver = com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
torque.database.user = torque
torque.database.password = torque
torque.database.host = localhost

Thanks for any help,