db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Saravana Krishnan Kannan" <saravkr...@uky.edu>
Subject Re: Re: java escape character save retrieve problem
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:04:17 GMT
Hi,

I think it will definitely cause some problems. There
should certainly be some place where escaping is
needed, but I'm not able to think of any right now.
Thats probably why the DB adapter was escaping the
strings. The right thing to do according to me would be
is to modify the DB adapter so that it would not escape
the string if it is gonna be used in the right side of
an "=" sign or something similar.

~Sarav

-----Original Message-----
From: <florianfray@compuserve.de>
To: "Apache Torque Users List" <torque-user@db.apache.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:03:58 +0200
Subject: Re: java escape character save retrieve problem

Hello Sandeep!

I think Saravana is right! All you have to do is to change the
DBAdapter (can be found at org.apache.torque.adapter) you are using
by adding the following code:

/* (No Javadoc)
 * @see org.apache.torque.adapter.DB#escapeText()
 */
public boolean escapeText() {
  return false;
}

That was all. I've tried this out and the results are correct so far.
I don't know if there's any further effect, so if somebody is testing
this or already has done it: Please send your results!

F. Fray