db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Saravana Krishnan Kannan" <saravkr...@uky.edu>
Subject Re: java escape character save retrieve problem
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 22:51:20 GMT
Hi Sandeep,

  I think this can be fix be changing the Oracle DB Adapter's code. AFAIK, it is the Oracle
DB Adapter that does the character escaping (is that the right word??). Why don't you look
into that and fix it and release it to the community? Thats what I had to do for the BLOB
and CLOB issue with Oracle.

~Sarav

-----Original Message-----
From: "Sandeep S. Chhikara" <schhikara@hotmail.com>
To: <torque-user@db.apache.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 11:59:51 -0500
Subject: java escape character save retrieve problem

Hi F. FrayYes you understanding is correct. And code sample is exactly same as you have sent.
WOrking on your example, after save() method call the database will have valueC:\dev\test\myfile.doc
 for column FILEPATH.However, in load() method this call List hits = FileObjectPeer.doSelect(criteria);
will always return emply list since torque criteria object will generate sql where clause
as select ......from ... where FILEPATH ='C:\\dev\\test\\myfile.doc'and since database contains
this value as 'C:\dev\test\myfile.doc' nothing will be ever returned.Now if you guys are starting
up on this project, i would suggest use"/" as path separator and everything will be ok, since
this will not need java escapecharacter.Please do reply, for suggestion to fix the strange
behaviour of torque criteria objects.thanksSandeep Chhikara