db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Saravana Kannan <skka...@engr.uky.edu>
Subject RE: DATE and TIMESTAMP in Oracle with Torque 3.1
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:59:18 GMT
Hi Tony,

  Which of the two problems that Raphael mentioned does your patch solve? He
said that the DDL generated for both Date and TimeStamp is the same. So
shouldn't that part of Torque be fixed before one can create a table with
TimeStamp in it? Which means - no offense to you - that your patch is pretty
ineffective because there is nothing it can do about this and there is no
TimeStamp field in the table for your patch to work on, right? I'm a bit
confused about what exactly the problems are for Raphael.

  Conclusion - If your patch solves one or both of this problem, I would like to
have the source so that I can merge it with my source and give a patched Village
to the community that has fixes for all Oracle driver induced bugs (Blobs,
Clobs, Timestamps, etc). Please mail me the source if it's fine with you and if
you think you should ask Bob before passing it on to me - please do so. Thanks.

-Sarav
(Saravana K Kannan)