db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Saravana Kannan <skka...@engr.uky.edu>
Subject RE: DATE and TIMESTAMP in Oracle with Torque 3.1
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:24:18 GMT
Hi Tony,

Have you already done the fix? Is it simply a matter of creating a new java.sql.
Timestamp (with the correct values stored in it) and returning it instead of the
java.sql.Date? I have a patch for village to take care of the Oracle-BLOB
problem and you have one for Oracle-Timestamp. I would like to combine both and
have one single patch. Do you mind sending me the source or diff?

-Sarav

Quoting "Foster, Tony" <Tony.Foster@DRKW.com>:

> This is a problem with the Oracle JDBC driver.  In their wisdom, Oracle
> decided that the 9i driver would interpret their database DATE type as
> java.sql.Date, and thus truncate the time-to-the-second portion that it
> stores.  This, despite the 8i driver treating it as java.sql.Timestamp.
>
> What you need to do is patch the Village software to override this bizarre
> not-a-bug-according-to-Oracle behaviour.  I will send the jar to you
> directly.
>
> Regards
>
> TT.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world,
those who know binary and those who don't.