db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Saravana Kannan <skka...@engr.uky.edu>
Subject Released a bug fix for Village patch for Oracle
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 03:47:21 GMT
Hi All,

  The Village patch for Oracle that is needed for Torque/Oracle combo to work
with BLOBs and CLOBs had a quite serious (rating: 3.5/5 ??) bug. When inserting
records with LOBs, the bug caused the insertion to generate an Exception if any
field in the new record had a NULL value. I have fixed it and released a new
patch today (14-June-2004). I suggest everyone to download the new patch.

A request to all users of the patched village - please mail me as to what
problem this patch solved - Whether it was a BLOB or CLOB field or both? What is
the max size you have successfully inserted/updated so far, etc. Thanks.

-Saravana K Kannan.