db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Frank Lawlor" <flaw...@austin.rr.com>
Subject New User Startup Problem
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 04:36:08 GMT
Torque is a great idea, but I spent several VERY frustrating hours trying to get the Tutorial
and User Guide samples to work before discovering the Wiki on "GettingTorqueToWork"!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE hove some consideration for your potential users and put a note in
these documents directing people to the changes.

The suggestions in the above helped me get further,  The initial ant step seems to generate
the bookstore files, but when I try to run

  ant -f build-torque.xml create-db

I get an error message because the create-db.sql file contains only the line:

 ECHO Not implemented

Can someone give me a clue as to how to debug this problem?  As I've tried to work my way
thru the problems getting Torque working, I've found a real lack of any feedback from the
implementation.

I am using MS SQL server and I set the build.properties to:

torque.database.createUrl = jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433;SelectMethod=cursor;DatabaseName=master
torque.database.buildUrl = jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433;SelectMethod=cursor;DatabaseName=Torque
torque.database.url = jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433;SelectMethod=cursor;DatabaseName=Torque
torque.database.driver = com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
torque.database.user = torque
torque.database.password = torque
torque.database.host = localhost

Thanks for any help,