db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Joacim Turesson" <joacim.tures...@profuture.se>
Subject Criteria with Like using Oracle
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 12:10:01 GMT
Hi!

I'm using Torque with Oracle9i and it works fine.

But now I have a problem with a select statement.

We have a node table that has a key, for instance:

*	\ (for root)
*	\\Folder1 <file:///\\Folder1>
*	\\Folder1\Folder2 <file:///\\Folder1\Folder2>

If I use the code in the end of this mail the query works fine for a search
from the root, that is "key like '\\%'.

But when the node key value is '\\Folder1\%' the like statement is not
generated, instead it becomes key='\Folder1\'

Does anyone have a clue what's going on?

The Code:

Criteria criteria = new Criteria();

criteria.add(NodePeer.LEVEL,node.getLevel() + 1);

String nodeKey = node.getKey() + "\\" + "%";

criteria.add(NodePeer.KEY, (Object)nodeKey, Criteria.LIKE);

criteria.addAscendingOrderByColumn(NodePeer.NAME);

List list = NodePeer.doSelect(criteria,connection);

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

Joacim Turesson

PS It works fine if I use / instead of \ DS