db-torque-user mailing list archives

From ChalakanthRe...@nascopgh.com
Subject Using Torque with JTA
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 17:29:35 GMT
Hello,

My company uses Torque in an environment that has now become distributed
(Some JMS operations have been added).

We are looking into using JTA to demarcate transactions that must inlcude
both JMS operations and database operations.   However, Torque seems to
use JDBC transactions by default, and all the references I have come
across say that JTA transactions and JDBC transactions cannot be mixed.
You must choose one or the other.

Is there any way to turn off use of the JDBC transactions in the Torque
generated classes, short of changing the code in BasePeer.java?

Any help would be appreaciated.

thanks,

Chalakanth Reddy.