db-torque-user mailing list archives

From mark.a.g...@accenture.com
Subject RE: Using schema
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 14:27:58 GMT
We have had the same question recently and have concluded that Torque is
not capable of fully qualifying object names. This of course eliminates
any possibility of building distributed applications, whether across
schemas or instances. If you don't log directly into the schema owning
the objects of interest then Torque is useless as a persistence layer in
it's current state.

Hope this helps, Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: florianfray@compuserve.de [mailto:florianfray@compuserve.de]
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 9:48 AM
To: torque-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Using schema

Hi folks!

Has anyone experiences with Torque and DB-schemas?
Isn't Torque able to use full-qualified table-names?
We're using Torque 3.1 and a after quick review of its sources it
seems to me as there could be serious trouble if your datamodel makes
extensive use of schemas (e.g. as ours).
Do I have to decide either to flatten our db which leads to a lot new
table names or to rewrite Torque which is a niece little piece of
work!?
Hopefully not! I'm close to getting religious ...

F. Fray
Wuppertal, Germany