db-torque-user mailing list archives

From mark.a.g...@accenture.com
Subject Cannot get fully qualified object names
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 16:52:16 GMT
We are implenting a J2EE project where WebSphere is handling connection
pooling for the application calls to a DB2 mainframe database. We have a
JDBC Resource configured which tested successfully. We also have the
application successfully connecting to the database via WebSphere which
is confirmed by the following error message.

rethrown as org.apache.torque.TorqueException: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2]
SQL0204N  "TSTUSER.PERMISSION" is an undefined name.

The problem is apparent, TSTUSER does not own a table called PERMISSION
and in fact our intention is for TSTUSER to execute a select on this
table owned by the user TELUSER. We have not been able to configure the
schema.xml file nor the build.properties to instruct Torque to produce
SQL that fully qualifies the object name with the appropriate schema
owner. Here is a SQL statement we traced from the app.

SELECT
  permission.PT_PERMISS_NAME
  ,permission.PT_PERMISS_ID
FROM
  permission
  ,permiss_map

Our torque.properties entries are below.

torque.database.default=default
torque.database.default.adapter=db2net
torque.database.schema=TELUSER

Any advice you might offer will be appreciated.

Regards