db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Caron, Roger A." <roger.ca...@pw.utc.com>
Subject RE: Cannot get fully qualified object names
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 17:01:04 GMT
I created public synonyms on my Oracle tables for my ID to work.  This
allows all id's querying the tables to query the table without specifying
the schema.

>From Oracle, the command is:
create public synonym tablename for schema.tablename;

If you have a table TSTTABLE in schema TSTSCHEMA, the command would be:
create public synonym TSTTABLE for TSTSCHEMA.TSTTABLE;

I can then query the tables as is.  I was not able to find the proper place
to put the schema name in my DB.xml file and I didn't want to rip apart the
Torque classes for this, which is why I took this approach.  I tried naming
my tables with the "schemaname." prefix in the xml file to no avail.

I'm not sure what the DB2 syntax would be however.

Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: mark.a.gold@accenture.com [mailto:mark.a.gold@accenture.com]
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 12:52 PM
To: torque-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Cannot get fully qualified object names

We are implenting a J2EE project where WebSphere is handling connection
pooling for the application calls to a DB2 mainframe database. We have a
JDBC Resource configured which tested successfully. We also have the
application successfully connecting to the database via WebSphere which
is confirmed by the following error message.

rethrown as org.apache.torque.TorqueException: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2]
SQL0204N  "TSTUSER.PERMISSION" is an undefined name.

The problem is apparent, TSTUSER does not own a table called PERMISSION
and in fact our intention is for TSTUSER to execute a select on this
table owned by the user TELUSER. We have not been able to configure the
schema.xml file nor the build.properties to instruct Torque to produce
SQL that fully qualifies the object name with the appropriate schema
owner. Here is a SQL statement we traced from the app.

SELECT
  permission.PT_PERMISS_NAME
  ,permission.PT_PERMISS_ID
FROM
  permission
  ,permiss_map

Our torque.properties entries are below.

torque.database.default=default
torque.database.default.adapter=db2net
torque.database.schema=TELUSER

Any advice you might offer will be appreciated.

Regards

original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.