db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "I-McTaggart, Peter" <peter.mctagg...@boeing.com>
Subject Updates to Blobs/ Oracle
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 08:54:43 GMT
Hi,

I'm updating a table with 2 Blob fields in an Oracle 9i databse (9.0.2.4
I think) using the latest Oracle JDBC drivers (10g) which
seem to work fine (most of the time).

I am seeing a bizarre behaviour when I do an Update.

If one (the second one in the table) of the Blobs fields is longer than
exactly 2000 characters then it is saved in the database transposed with
the first, so they are saved in the wrong field.

eg.
obj.setField1("ABCD...<2000 chars>...XYZ ");
obj.setFieldf2("ZYX ... <2000 chars) DCBA")

obj.save()

Field1 = "ZYX....
Field2 = "ABC...

If I make field2 less than exactly 2000 chars, it works fine.

This seems to be happening deep within Torque - perhaps in the JDBC
driver. I'll check this next.

has anyone seen this behaviour?? anyone know how to fix it??

thanks
Peter