db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Martin Monsorno <monsorno-nos...@exolution.de>
Subject Re: problems building torque from cvs
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 11:27:51 GMT
"Bogdan Vatkov" <bvatkov@globaltech-bg.com> writes:

>> 1. Does torque need jdk > 1.4 ?  I don't find any documentation about
>>    this requirement but:
> Yes You better use 1.4.x

That's bad.  We used torque (3.0) for about a year now and are now
considering a torque update due to some problems with DB2 which seems
to be fixed in later versions of torque.  Our project is declared to
fulfill the J2EE 1.3 requirements, so if torque needs java >=1.4,
we're done. :-(

>> 2. I suppose building the generator must be done by calling maven in
>>    the src/generator directory.  I get really annoying log messages
>>    when doing this about 2000 lines like
>>
>> ,----
>> | [DEBUG] XmlToAppData - -endElement(, , column) called
>> | [DEBUG] XmlToAppData - -endElement(, , column) called
>> `----
>>
>>    How can I configure this logging?  Editing
>>    src/generator/src/conf/log4j.properties does not help.
>
> Yep. I found it in:
> src/generator/src/conf/simplelog.properties
> change the line
> org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog=debug

> org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog=error

Thanks, that did the trick!

>> 3. To use the generator in my project I have to call the
>>    build-torque.xml file, as it is not maven-enabled by now.  So I
>>    suppose I need not only the torque-gen-jar-file, but a whole
>>    distribution.  But calling "maven dist" fails with:
> http://db.apache.org/torque/maven-howto.html
> just follow the steps that are described here ..and you will successfully
> use mavenized torque-generator

So I would have to "mavenize" my project, too?  Our build process is
very satisfying, so I hoped to save this work.

--
Martin