db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Martin Monsorno <monsorno-nos...@exolution.de>
Subject Re: DB2 and big VARCHARS
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 08:31:36 GMT
"Saravana Krishnan Kannan" <saravkrish@uky.edu> writes:

>   How about using CLOB instead of VARCHAR? I dunno anything about
>   DB2 so I might be wrong here.

Thanks for your hint.  Yes, CLOB is sometimes a possibility (or LONG
VARCHAR, but I assume, this is not supported by torque).  But CLOBs in
DB2 are restricted somehow, e.g. no ORDER BY is possible with them.

Meanwhile I found out, that I can handle this with some more
administration work for DB2, but it would be nice if torque could
handle this stuff in a way, that e.g. I could specify sql that is
inserted into the CREATE TABLE lines for special DB types.

--
Martin