db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Bill Barrington <stratopa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Confused Newbie
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 20:21:46 GMT
Hello,

  I'm attempting to evaluate Torque for one of our projects. I have downloaded torque-3.1
& torque-gen-3.1. I am trying to go the jar and maven plugin route.

  I'm a bit confused by the structure I see. I notice there is source code within the src
directory of torque-3.1 as well as source within a generator sub-dir of same.  Then there
is the torque-gen-3.1 project which contains its own source tree.

  The build for torque-3.1 went ok (2 maven invocations - 1 for the src sub-dir and 1 for
the src/generator sub-dir). I'm unable to build torque-gen-3.1. The first complaint is that
it is unable to locate ../../project.xml. If I create a project.xml to satisfy it, then I
get the compilation errors shown below.

  If someone can spare the time to lend a hand, I would be most grateful. I think my biggest
problem is just a lack of understanding of how things should fit together, i.e., what is the
difference between the torque-gen-3.1 code and the code in the generator sub-dir of torque-3.1?
What maven targets do I build and in what order, etc...?

Regards,
Bill

------------------------ compilation errors from attempting to 'maven' torque-gen-3.1 ------------

java:compile:

    [echo] Compiling to C:\eclipseDefaultWorkspace\TorqueTester\src\torque-gen-3

.1/target/classes

    [javac] Compiling 32 source files to C:\eclipseDefaultWorkspace\TorqueTester

\src\torque-gen-3.1\target\classes

C:\eclipseDefaultWorkspace\TorqueTester\src\torque-gen-3.1\src\java\org\apache\t

orque\task\TorqueDataDumpTask.java:66: package com.workingdogs.village does not

exist

import com.workingdogs.village.QueryDataSet;

                               ^

C:\eclipseDefaultWorkspace\TorqueTester\src\torque-gen-3.1\src\java\org\apache\t

orque\task\TorqueDataDumpTask.java:67: package com.workingdogs.village does not

exist

import com.workingdogs.village.Record;

                               ^

C:\eclipseDefaultWorkspace\TorqueTester\src\torque-gen-3.1\src\java\org\apache\t

orque\task\TorqueDataDumpTask.java:290: cannot resolve symbol

symbol  : class QueryDataSet

location: class org.apache.torque.task.TorqueDataDumpTask.TableTool

        private QueryDataSet qds;

                ^

C:\eclipseDefaultWorkspace\TorqueTester\src\torque-gen-3.1\src\java\org\apache\t

orque\task\TorqueDataDumpTask.java:296: cannot resolve symbol

symbol  : class Record

location: class org.apache.torque.task.TorqueDataDumpTask.TableTool

        private Record curRec = null;

                ^

C:\eclipseDefaultWorkspace\TorqueTester\src\torque-gen-3.1\src\java\org\apache\t

orque\task\TorqueDataDumpTask.java:311: cannot resolve symbol

symbol  : class QueryDataSet

location: class org.apache.torque.task.TorqueDataDumpTask.TableTool

        protected TableTool(QueryDataSet qds) throws Exception

                            ^

C:\eclipseDefaultWorkspace\TorqueTester\src\torque-gen-3.1\src\java\org\apache\t

orque\task\TorqueDataDumpTask.java:331: cannot resolve symbol

symbol  : class QueryDataSet

location: class org.apache.torque.task.TorqueDataDumpTask.TableTool

                (new QueryDataSet(conn, "SELECT * FROM " + tableName));