db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Martin Monsorno <monsorno-nos...@exolution.de>
Subject DB2 and big VARCHARS
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 15:24:50 GMT
Hi *,

after trying to run my app with DB2, the following error occured in
target insert-sql:

[torque-sql-exec] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE Item ( Id INTEGER NOT NULL, SequentialNumber
INTEGER NOT NULL, Heading VARCHAR (255),
Duration INTEGER, MeetingId INTEGER NOT NULL, ProcessId INTEGER NOT NULL, Entry VARCHAR (8000)
)
[torque-sql-exec] COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/SUN] SQL0286N  A default
table space could not be found with a page size of at least "16384" that authorization ID
"MONSORNO" is authorized to use.  SQLSTATE=42727

The problem is the VARCHAR(8000) column, one must administrate
seperate TABLESPACES in DB2 to use VARCHARS of this size.  Does Torque
support anything according to this stuff?  Or must I maintain sql
scripts for DB2 and all other databases?

--
Martin