db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Saravana Kannan <skka...@engr.uky.edu>
Subject Saving (not so) large image files in BLOB.
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 21:58:45 GMT
Hi,

  This is my setup - Torque used inside a WebApp which runs under Tomcat 4.1.
Torque uses JNDI DataSource which is provided by Tomcat.

  I'm trying to save an Image file in a BLOB. When I save a small image file
(2399 bytes) it works. But when I try to try to save a large image file (31579
bytes) it doesn't work! It gives me to following error -

Note: I'm pasting only the relevant lines of each stack trace, request the whole
thing if you need it.

Error in the Webpage-

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Problem.save() :Io exception: Connection
reset
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:
254)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.
internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.
doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.
java:256)

root cause

javax.servlet.ServletException: Problem.save() :Io exception: Connection reset
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.
handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:536)
at org.apache.jsp.savePb_jsp._jspService(savePb_jsp.java:66)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:
210)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)

When I look at the log file for Tomcat-
=======================================

I see the following error messages -

[DEBUG] SequenceIdGenerator - -select reference_SEQ.nextval from dual
[DEBUG] SequenceIdGenerator - -select image_store_SEQ.nextval from dual
[ERROR] Transaction - -An attempt was made to rollback a transaction but the
database did not allow the operation to be rolled back. <java.sql
.SQLException: Io exception: Broken pipe>java.sql.SQLException: Io exception:
Broken pipe
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:114)
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:156)
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:269)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.rollback(OracleConnection.java:
512)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingConnection.
rollback(DelegatingConnection.java:265)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper.
rollback(PoolingDataSource.java:307)
        at org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.rollback(Transaction.java:197)
        at org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.safeRollback(Transaction.java:233)
        at com.prenhall.lemur.db.om.BaseProblemDB.save(BaseProblemDB.java:1121)
        at com.prenhall.lemur.db.om.BaseProblemDB.save(BaseProblemDB.java:1096)
        at com.prenhall.lemur.db.ProblemStore.setProblem(ProblemStore.java:59)
        at org.apache.jsp.savePb_jsp._jspService(savePb_jsp.java:54)

[WARN] Transaction - -An error occured during rollback. <org.apache.torque.
TorqueException: Io exception: Broken pipe>java.sql.SQLException: I
[...]

rethrown as org.apache.torque.TorqueException: Io exception: Broken pipe
        at org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.rollback(Transaction.java:206)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.
java:180)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.
StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:
643)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.
invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.
StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:
641)

rethrown as org.apache.torque.TorqueException: Io exception: Broken pipe
        at org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.rollback(Transaction.java:206)
        at org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.safeRollback(Transaction.java:233)
        at com.prenhall.lemur.db.om.BaseProblemDB.save(BaseProblemDB.java:1121)
        at com.prenhall.lemur.db.om.BaseProblemDB.save(BaseProblemDB.java:1096)
        at com.prenhall.lemur.db.ProblemStore.setProblem(ProblemStore.java:59)
        at org.apache.jsp.savePb_jsp._jspService(savePb_jsp.java:54)

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Broken pipe
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:114)
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:156)
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:269)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.rollback(OracleConnection.java:
512)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingConnection.
rollback(DelegatingConnection.java:265)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper.
rollback(PoolingDataSource.java:307)
        at org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.rollback(Transaction.java:197)
        ... 40 more

Thanks for reading till the end. Please help - this just doesn't make sense to
me!

~Sarav

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world,
those who know binary and those who don't.