db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Bogdan Vatkov" <bvat...@globaltech-bg.com>
Subject Re: problems building torque from cvs
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 13:16:44 GMT
> Hi *,
>
> I recently checked out torque from cvs and tried to build it, but
> without success.  I sent this message to the developer mailing list,
> but there were no messages in this list in the last 3 days, so I don't
> know if anyone is actually reading it.  I have the following
> problems:
>

> 1. Does torque need jdk > 1.4 ?  I don't find any documentation about
>    this requirement but:
Yes You better use 1.4.x

> 2. I suppose building the generator must be done by calling maven in
>    the src/generator directory.  I get really annoying log messages
>    when doing this about 2000 lines like
>
> ,----
> | [DEBUG] XmlToAppData - -endElement(, , column) called
> | [DEBUG] XmlToAppData - -endElement(, , column) called
> `----
>
>    How can I configure this logging?  Editing
>    src/generator/src/conf/log4j.properties does not help.

Yep. I found it in:
src/generator/src/conf/simplelog.properties
change the line
org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog=debug

org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog=error

> 3. To use the generator in my project I have to call the
>    build-torque.xml file, as it is not maven-enabled by now.  So I
>    suppose I need not only the torque-gen-jar-file, but a whole
>    distribution.  But calling "maven dist" fails with:
http://db.apache.org/torque/maven-howto.html
just follow the steps that are described here ..and you will successfully
use mavenized torque-generator

best regards,
bogdan