db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Roberts" <Mike.Robe...@elata.com>
Subject RE: log4j configuration
Date Thu, 06 May 2004 07:23:45 GMT
Checkout the simple properties in the jar file, it is loaded first before the ones in the open.
I just edited the file through winzip and rebooted my instance and hey presto I managed to
tune don debugging after 2 days of scratching my head.

-----Original Message-----
From: Saravana Kannan [mailto:skkann0@engr.uky.edu]
Sent: 05 May 2004 17:28
To: Apache Torque Users List; MS
Cc: torque-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Re: log4j configuration

Hi,

> * Which file contains the logging configuration information?   The entries in
> Torque.properties are ignored.

Remove the torque-gen-3.1.jar from the lib/ directory after you are done with
compiling the example. The file is not needed for running the example and it had
a log4j.properties file inside it that messes with the log4j properties in
Torque.properties.

> * Where (i.e. in which java file) is the logging initialized?

Somewhere deep inside the Torque code I guess.

~Sarav

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world,
those who know binary and those who don't.