db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Brent Atkins" <Brent.Atk...@Pro-Sys.biz>
Subject RE: Status of download and confusion with tutorial
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 15:05:11 GMT
It's the standard problem with programming.  Everyone wants to program but no one wants to
write
documentation :-).  It's a better situation then the project that I work on, I write docs
but no one
reads them!

Seriously, the problem is that no one has really gotten around to it.  The Torque web site
is built
using Maven, so all of the code that you need to change the site is available to you right
now if
you wanted to go ahead and fix it.  If you are interested in changing the documentation you
can
always go here http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/db-torque/xdocs/ download one of the .xml
files and
edit away to your hearts content.  Post your patch to http://issues.apache.org/scarab/issues
and I'm
sure it will be added soon (what maintainer turns down pre-written docs?).

The wiki you can edit right now even easier.  Have at it!

Personally I love torque (of course asking the torque user list if Torque is a good choice
is like
asking Crest stockholders which toothpaste is better).  It is extremely powerful once you
get to
know it, but it does take quite a bit of time to get to know.  Less time than learning JDBC
I think.

I've managed to get Torque to generate most of the code for my project; not just JDBC stuff;
so I
think it's great.  Was it easy to get it to do that?  No.  Did I find good docs to get it
to do
that?  No.  Have I taken that experience to heart and written a doc for Torque?  I'm getting
it... :-)

The best intentions...