db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Grey.Lee" <Lee.G...@SunTrust.com>
Subject RE: Status of download and confusion with tutorial
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 00:38:03 GMT
Thanks for your reply.  I actually found out about combining the two separate downloads when
I finally stumbled on the Wiki.  (There's no link from the torque/generator page, which is
where I was.)

Why is the Torque site so unhelpful in this area?  Just a brief mention of the two different
files or of the Wiki as the more up-to-date source of information would probably save many
people from struggling or giving up.  Who maintains the Torque site?  Is development progressing
at a better rate than the website?

Seems like a shame for an otherwise useful (I'm assuming) tool.

Best,
Lee

	-----Original Message-----
	From: T E Schmitz [mailto:mail@numerixtechnology.de]
	Sent: Sat 4/17/2004 10:09 AM
	To: Apache Torque Users List; Grey.Lee
	Subject: Re: Status of download and confusion with tutorial

	Hello Lee,

	Grey.Lee wrote:
	> The thing I'm finding puzzling is, given how long since a new release,
	> why don't the docs match the download?  The tutorial refers to
	> build-torque.xml, but I don't even have that file in the download.  I

	Did you download both torque-gen-3.1.zip and torque-3.1.zip? The former
	is the code + sql generator, the latter the runtime. torque-gen-3.1.zip
	contains a build-torque.xml.

	The documentation and the code are slightly out of sync (some of the API
	has changed, too), but, hey, it's free software and it works a treat!

	> I'm sure this is a simple case of newbie-it is, but I'm not sure why
	> everyone hasn't seen the same problem I have.  Is everyone else using
	> Turbine, and I'm the only one trying simply to use Torque as a
	> standalone piece?

	I am using it as a standalone piece, too; I am totally new to Java but
	got Torque set up and integrated into my build process in a couple of
	days. Good luck.

	Regards,

	Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz

The information transmitted is intended solely
for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or taking action
in reliance upon this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you have received this email in
error please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.