db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Grey.Lee" <Lee.G...@SunTrust.com>
Subject RE: Status of download and confusion with tutorial
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:42:28 GMT
It seems like it wouldn't be difficult to modify the Torque templates to
add Hibernate XDoclet tags, so you could use the Torque generator with
the Hibernate runtime.  Does this seem like a worthwhile endeavor?

I found my experience with Hibernate to be frustrating, while Torque
reverse-engineered my database and generated classes nearly
effortlessly.  Would this hybrid approach give the best of both worlds?

Lee Grey
SunTrust Banks, Inc.

Of
> > raph@mankin.org.uk
> > Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 11:31 PM
> > To: Apache Torque Users List
> > Subject: RE: Status of download and confusion with tutorial
> >

> > On 19-Apr-2004 Alexandru Dovlecel wrote:
> > > Hi L.G.,
> > >
> > > As I have seen until now, there are two other ORMapping
> > tools (free). If
> > > anybody knows of some others, pls tell:
> > > 1) OJB. I think they are pretty young but they seem to
> > support JDO. Which is
> > > a good thing. Bad thing they still need the reference JDO
> > implementation
> > > from SUN. The drawback is that is young (I think 1.0 or so)
> > and is not
> > > complete (not a fully OQL implementation). That's what I
> > have seen on their
> > > site.
> > >
> > I have been using Torque and playing with OJB. Currently, I
> > feel that OJB is a
> > little unstable; they are working towards 1.0 but are not
> > quite there yet. If
> > you think that the Torque docs are somewhat lacking, then OJB
> > is rather more so.
> >
> > In the long run, however, I think that OJB has greater
> > potential with its
> > persistence broker mechanism, different kinds of transaction
> > management, and
> > different interfaces (OQL, JDO, ODMG OTM). Maybe next year I
> > shall revisit my
> > decision to stick with Torque.
> >

> > > But torque is a nice tool, too. :)))
> > >
> > > HIH,
> > > Alex
> > >

> > --
> >                                Unfortunately, most programmers like
> >                                program. Some of them would rather
> >                                program than eat or bathe.
> >                                - Larry Constantine
> >

> > Raphael Mankin
> > E-Mail: raph@panache.demon.co.uk
The information transmitted is intended solely
for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or taking action
in reliance upon this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you have received this email in
error please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.