db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Grey.Lee" <Lee.G...@SunTrust.com>
Subject RE: Status of download and confusion with tutorial
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:42:12 GMT
That's extremely helpful information.  Can I recommend that you add it
to the Wiki?  I don't remember seeing these points.

Is no one with control of the web site around?  It seems like these
things really ought to be added to the site.

Is Torque a really good choice to go with for my data layer?  All these
glitches and problems make me very uneasy about committing to it?  Since
I have no commitment to it at the moment, I am wondering if I should
look elsewhere.  Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks,
Lee Grey
SunTrust Banks, Inc.

Off
> the top of my head a couple of points:
>
> 1) I had to make a couple of minor changes to the PostgreSQL SQL
> generating templates.
>
> 2) I am using the latest versions of commons-dbcp-1.1.jar and
> commons-pool-1.1.jar rather than the ones that shipped with Torque
> (can't remember the exact problem).
>
> 3) Some of the properties have been renamed, so the torque properties
> file is partly outdated, e.g.
> #torque.defaults.pool.connectionWaitTimeout = 10
> torque.defaults.pool.maxWait=10
>
> Read the Jakarta Commons DBCP docs about DBCP configuration and adapt
> torque properties file accordingly.
>
> 4) bug in MapBuilder.vm template ?
> Line 28 was : #if ($generateDeprecated == "true")
> This resulted in error in velocity.log as $generateDeprecated is
boolean
> changed Line 28 to : #if ($generateDeprecated == true)
>
> Otherwise keep an eye on the velocity.log file to monitor any errors.
>
> And once you're up and running enable log4j debgging for Torque to see
> what's happening.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz
>

> Grey.Lee wrote:
> > Thanks for your reply.  I actually found out about combining the two
> separate downloads when I finally stumbled on the Wiki.  (There's no
link
> from the torque/generator page, which is where I was.)
> >
> > Why is the Torque site so unhelpful in this area?  Just a brief
mention
> of the two different files or of the Wiki as the more up-to-date
source of
> information would probably save many people from struggling or giving
up.
> Who maintains the Torque site?  Is development progressing at a better
> rate than the website?
>
> In the meantime we users can at least do our bit in return for the
free
> software and post our findings ;-)
>

> > Seems like a shame for an otherwise useful (I'm assuming) tool.

The information transmitted is intended solely
for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or taking action
in reliance upon this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you have received this email in
error please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.