db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Göschl,Siegfried" <Siegfried.Goes...@drei.com>
Subject RE: managing connetion
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:21:50 GMT
Hi Alain,

Torque gets a connection from the connection pool to save your object immediately. Usually
this is not a problem since you can provide a connection to the save() method and this is
the way to go for transaction handling anyway.

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

-----Original Message-----
From: Alain Pilon [mailto:alain.pilon@hec.ca]
Sent: Dienstag, 20. April 2004 18:00
To: Apache Torque Users List
Subject: managing connetion

Hi all!

I would like to know how Torque manage connections. I know that I can change the connection
pool but so far, I want to stay with the one provided. So here is my question: Does Torque
uses a distinct connection every time I use the .save() methode or he waits a moment to see
if there are more requests comming before executing the connection?

I am writing some TestCase right now where I have to insert about 10 record in a table. They
all have the same inserted date. Unless I am mistaken, the only possible way that they all
have the same value is if they are inserted at the exact same time with the same connection,
right?

Thanks!

Alain Pilon
Analyste - Traitement de l'information budgétaire
HEC Montréal