db-torque-user mailing list archives

From TES <Tarl...@numerixtechnology.co.uk>
Subject Re: Status of download and confusion with tutorial
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 15:50:28 GMT
Hello,

> Personally I love torque (of course asking the torque user list if Torque is a good choice
is like
> asking Crest stockholders which toothpaste is better).  It is extremely powerful once
you get to
> know it, but it does take quite a bit of time to get to know.  Less time than learning
JDBC I think.

I agree. I am new to Java, but not new to databases and am now basing a
serious project on Torque. I think it's such a time saver getting table
objects ready generated. OK, you have to add your custom code but you
can think Java rather than having to delve into JDBC details.

And you can always look at the code to see what's happening. Even the
templates, although I haven't got a scoobie what language they're
written in?, are quite readable and it is easy enough to adapt them
should you need to do so.

As far as I can see the Torque runtime seems stable, which is the most
important thing.

> I've managed to get Torque to generate most of the code for my project; not just JDBC
stuff; so I

Can you elaborate a wee bit more? What kind of code? I'd be interested
to get a few ideas for future reference.

Regards,
Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz