db-torque-user mailing list archives

From T E Schmitz <m...@numerixtechnology.de>
Subject Re: JDBC to XML ant task
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:00:26 GMT
Print Torque's build.xml off and have a good read. Things became much
clearer fo me then. The create-db target drops all tables and creates a
new empty db.

You will also find the "jdbc" target, which generates an xml schema from
your existing db.

Regards,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz

Grey.Lee wrote:

> When I stumbled on the Wiki, I saw a brief mention of the "jdbc" ant target, which seems
to read an existing JDBC connection and reverse-engineer the torque XML to match it.  I have
not been able to locate any other mention, nor any documentation on this function.  Is there
any?  Has anyone used it?

> One of the things that worries me is wiping out my existing database by not understanding
the subtleties of using Torque.  Is this a legitimate concern?  Which actions can drop tables
or databases?  Do you get the chance to approve or cancel before it happens?