db-torque-user mailing list archives

From T E Schmitz <m...@numerixtechnology.de>
Subject Re: Status of download and confusion with tutorial
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 08:49:40 GMT
Beware, there are a couple of other things you might have to change. Off
the top of my head a couple of points:

1) I had to make a couple of minor changes to the PostgreSQL SQL
generating templates.

2) I am using the latest versions of commons-dbcp-1.1.jar and
commons-pool-1.1.jar rather than the ones that shipped with Torque
(can't remember the exact problem).

3) Some of the properties have been renamed, so the torque properties
file is partly outdated, e.g.
#torque.defaults.pool.connectionWaitTimeout = 10
torque.defaults.pool.maxWait=10

Read the Jakarta Commons DBCP docs about DBCP configuration and adapt
torque properties file accordingly.

4) bug in MapBuilder.vm template ?
Line 28 was : #if ($generateDeprecated == "true")
This resulted in error in velocity.log as $generateDeprecated is boolean
changed Line 28 to : #if ($generateDeprecated == true)

Otherwise keep an eye on the velocity.log file to monitor any errors.

And once you're up and running enable log4j debgging for Torque to see
what's happening.

Regards,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz

Grey.Lee wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.  I actually found out about combining the two separate downloads
when I finally stumbled on the Wiki.  (There's no link from the torque/generator page, which
is where I was.)

> Why is the Torque site so unhelpful in this area?  Just a brief mention of the two different
files or of the Wiki as the more up-to-date source of information would probably save many
people from struggling or giving up.  Who maintains the Torque site?  Is development progressing
at a better rate than the website?

In the meantime we users can at least do our bit in return for the free
software and post our findings ;-)