db-torque-user mailing list archives

From T E Schmitz <m...@numerixtechnology.de>
Subject Re: Status of download and confusion with tutorial
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2004 14:09:56 GMT

Hello Lee,

Grey.Lee wrote:
> The thing I'm finding puzzling is, given how long since a new release,
> why don't the docs match the download?  The tutorial refers to
> build-torque.xml, but I don't even have that file in the download.  I

Did you download both torque-gen-3.1.zip and torque-3.1.zip? The former
is the code + sql generator, the latter the runtime. torque-gen-3.1.zip
contains a build-torque.xml.

The documentation and the code are slightly out of sync (some of the API
has changed, too), but, hey, it's free software and it works a treat!

> I'm sure this is a simple case of newbie-it is, but I'm not sure why
> everyone hasn't seen the same problem I have.  Is everyone else using
> Turbine, and I'm the only one trying simply to use Torque as a
> standalone piece?

I am using it as a standalone piece, too; I am totally new to Java but
got Torque set up and integrated into my build process in a couple of
days. Good luck.

Regards,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz