db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Geoff Waggott <ge...@webartjapan.com>
Subject Re: Torque.properties and Logging with Torque 3.1
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 07:01:49 GMT
Hi James,

I puzzled over this too for a while. It would seem that the Torque
documentation is out of date.

Torque 3.1 uses the Jakarta Commons Logging library that acts as a
common wrapper api around several logging toolkits one of which is log4j.

Place a commons-logging.properties file in your web apps WEB-INF classes
directory containing the following:
org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JCategoryLog

Actually the implementation class name differs between releases of the
commons-logging library so check that you've specified the right one.

Then configure your log4j.properties file how you want.

Cheers,
Geoff