db-torque-user mailing list archives

From T E Schmitz <mail...@numerixtechnology.de>
Subject IDBroker warning
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 21:14:38 GMT

I just went through the mailing list archive and there was an unresolved
  thread back in February regarding the IDBroker warning.

"IDBroker is being used with db '<db>', which does not support
transactions. IDBroker attempts to use transactions to limit the
possibility of duplicate key generation.  Without transactions,
duplicate key generation is possible if multiple JVMs are used or other
means are used to write to the database."

Maybe my scenario will shed a little light on this:

I am using PostgreSQL 7.2.1 in native mode, not IDBroker. I only get the
above warning if I attempt to set the transaction isolation level:

(same result for SERIALIZABLE).

Setting the isolation level also results in Transaction.begin () to
fail, which is strange as these are the two isolation levels which
PostgreSQL supports.

Why is the IDBroker thread started at all even when using native mode
for PK generation?

As an aside, and this has nothing to do with the IDBroker issue, I tried
to set the following properties as described in the Jakarta Commons dbcp

However, these properties are not recognized.

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz