db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Saravana Kannan <skka...@engr.uky.edu>
Subject Which DB Pooling method is best?
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2004 03:14:23 GMT
Hi,

  I need to use DB Connection Pooling with Toruqe which will be used in a Webapp
deployed in Tomcat 4.x. Looking at the Torque.properties I can see that there
are three (ignoring the legacy one) options -

1. commons-dbcp
2. jndi
3. ConnectionPoolDataSource

Which one of these is best in my case and why? I feel using option 1 instead of
option 2 will help in having all the DB related config details in one file and
will be easier to manage. Also since it appears that Tomcat in-turn uses
commons-dbcp, what is the advantage of option 2 (other than - I can change the
jndi config in server.xml and make torque work with another database)?

~Sarav

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world,
those who know binary and those who don't.