db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Saravana Kannan <skka...@engr.uky.edu>
Subject RE: Using Torque with Tomcat.
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2004 02:53:10 GMT
Hi,

To Ben,
  Thanx for the information you provided. It was very helpful. I finally managed
to set up a JNDI datasource and was able to use the connection successfully for
non-Torque code (I used the example code in the JNDI-Tomcat tutorial).

To every1 out there,

Someone help me here -

When I was looking at Torque.properties file under the JNDI part-

## Using jndi
#torque.dsfactory.bookstore.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.
JndiDataSourceFactory
#torque.dsfactory.bookstore.jndi.path=jdbc/bookstore

I understand what values I should be providing for the above two properties, but
I do not understand or know what values I should give for the properties below.
Also, I thought the MaxConnections was set in the server.xml file if Tomcat
provides the Datasource, then why is there a MaxConnections property?

#torque.dsfactory.bookstore.jndi.java.naming.factory.initial = org.apache.
naming.java.javaURLContextFactory
#torque.dsfactory.bookstore.jndi.java.naming.factory.url.pkgs = org.apache.
naming
#torque.dsfactory.bookstore.datasource.classname=org.apache.torque.pool.
TorqueClassicDataSource
#torque.dsfactory.bookstore.datasource.dataSourceName=jdbc/DBbookstore
#torque.dsfactory.bookstore.datasource.jndiEnvironment.java.naming.factory.
initial = org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory
#torque.dsfactory.bookstore.datasource.jndiEnvironment.java.naming.factory.url.
pkgs = org.apache.naming
#torque.dsfactory.bookstore.datasource.defaultMaxConnections=10

~Sarav

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world,
those who know binary and those who don't.