db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Axel Seinsche <axel.seins...@seinsche.net>
Subject saving time part of date with Oracle 9i
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 06:44:31 GMT
Hi all,

I know this has been discussed on this list before. As I can not solve this problem I thought
it's easier to ask here again. ;-)

I want to store date AND time value in my Oracle DB using Torque. The DB datatype DATE from
Oracle allows this. But my application still saves just the date part. Time is alway 00:00:00.
I tried to use java.sql.Timestamp instead of java.util.Date, but it doesn't change anything.
Even using Oracle's new type TIMESTAMP didn't bring the expected effect.

When I had a look at the Torque source code, I saw in the DBOracle class that the function
for inserting dates should work correctly. Still the question remains, how do I store the
time part of my date?

Notice: I am using Oracle 9i Rel. 2 with ojdbc14.jar and Torque 3.1

Regards,
Axel