db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Dovlecel" <alexandru.dovle...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: use of schema.xml varchar sizes
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 14:38:38 GMT
> (why would one want to move away from
> torque...)
1) going to an open standard (JDO) so that he (she) can switch to another
better product without lots of code changes ?

2) maybe finding a better ORMapping tool? Hope I will have the time to check
how Hibernate works (even though lots of people said is complicated to
configure). By reading the documentation (Hibernate), I think it's more
powerfull and flexible than Torque... but this is only based on what I have
read (user manual and other stuff).

What do you think, are those two good reasons? ;)

Alex