db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Dovlecel" <alexandru.dovle...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: Release a connection
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:21:57 GMT
When using a DataSource, you have to close the connection...
(ASAIK).

> And you should configure the connection pool
> properly to check a connection before it is going to be used ...

I have configured the connection pool with the check sql : SELECT 1
but MSSQL does not recognize it. I get a message saying that this
query does not work... :(((

> Don't know about the JNDI stuff ... :-)
Would be nice if somebody tells me what should I do if torque references a
DataSet defined in the application server (JNDI). Have no clue... but if I
have to close the connection, then it sucks, because I have to change the
code in case I use a Connection POol and I switch to DataSet. :(((

Thanks for the answer,
Alex